Employment Opportunities with Layher
Technical Sales Representative Central South
Layher is the world’s largest producer of scaffolding systems. As the originator of the modular Allround System Scaffold and frame scaffolding SpeedyScaf, Layher has continued to pace the industry with product development and engineering advances for more than 70 years. Layher’s products and innovations in scaffolding technology have come to define quality, performance, efficiency, safety. Beside the basic scaffolding systems Allround and SpeedyScaf Layher provides as integrated part of both systems roofing, hoardings and encapsulations together with the necessary engineering.
Layher USA has divided it sales territory into 6 regions. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for a regional technical sales position for Central South (AR, LU, MS, AL). Work would be out from our warehouse in Mobile or from home office through direct visits at customers and prospects. Main customers are industrial service providers or scaffolding service companies for the oil-& gas industry, shipbuilding industry, cement industry and power plants. The position requires excellent sales skills combined with an outstanding mechanical – structural understanding.
Broad Scope of position:
Based on deep technical understanding of Layher’s product range, sales arguments need to be developed, understood and applied in the sales process. In addition to this technical selling approach a comprehensive customer service needs to be maintained. Continuous customer care from the first contact and on-going is imperative.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Identification of potential customers.
- Prepare and action a program of visits to potential clients and existing customers
- Continuous follow up of customers visits.
- Analytical weekly reporting in prescribed format for discussion with Head of Sales
- Development of client offers reflecting the needs of the customer according to existing sales guidelines.
- Actively manage customer orders and follow up.
- Intensive after sales support with the goal that the customer will effectively use the product
- Technical advice and support to clients and prospective clients
- Identification and development of Layher product solutions together with the customer.
- Arrange client training
- Ensuring functioning and reliable fulfilment of the customer’s logistical needs.
- To sustain and develop sales and partnership with existing clients
- Follow up of overdue receivables
- Present the range of products to groups that may influence potential buyers such as HSE, Union, training, engineering and architectural institutes and industry groups
- Provide technical advice and support for marketing initiatives and development of technical literature
- Growth in sales revenue generally, with special regard to single customers and industry.
- Growth in number of active clients, especially in industrial markets
- Excellent customer relationships, especially with large key clients, with minimal customer complaints
- Timely and accurate planning and reporting on sales activity
Work location and pay:
- Alabama/Mississippi based, home office or Mobile location office
- Travel throughout the Central South sales region
- Pay will be a significant base (subject to experience and skills)
- Commission package
- Health plan, 401K
- No relocation package
- US work permit required
If interested please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com